Who says you can only have tacos on Taco Tuesday?! We put together a list of the Springs’ BEST tacos – one stop for every day of the week! These are some of our favorites- comment below your favorite spots for tacos!
7) Fuzzy’s – with two locations on the north side, Fuzzy’s is relatively new to Colorado Springs. With it’s unique ordering system, and loads of options for frozen margaritas on tap, there is something for everyone at Fuzzys. About $7 for a margarita and about the same for a dinner, good prices along with quick to-go ordering and pickup make rank Fuzzy’s on the top list for tacos for the Springs.
6) Hacienda – for more of an upscale, Tex-Mex feel, try Hacienda Colorado. They’re right off Nevada and i25 north in the University Village shopping center. There’s a rooftop patio with fire pits and nice views, along with strong margaritas and bold flavors. The fajita platter is one of our personal favorites, which comes out sizzling and oh so good.
5) Albertacos – everyone knows if you had a late night out anywhere other than downtown, you’ll probably end up here. Dine-in or drive through options are open 24/7, and although we’ve noticed they tend to “shell” out more lettuce than cheese, Albertacos still makes the top list. Located off Austin Bluffs and Barnes, this place has been a staple of the north side for years.
4) Taco Star – with a handful of locations in Colorado Springs, this Mexican food chain is a classic. Not quite like Taco Bell, the Taco Star has much more of an “authentic” taste. Serving up big burritos and sweet horchata, you can stop by a Taco Star 24/7. Ask for carrots and you’ll get a nice sized bag of pickled carrots marinated in Jalapeños and onions! Sounds weird, but it’s a great palette cleanser!
3) Monica’s Taco Shop – this top pick is located in the old K-Mart parking lot off Fillmore and Nevada in Colorado Springs. Boasting the “home of the real taco”, Monica’s taco shop is open 24/7 and is sure to satisfy your late night taco munchies! Friendly staff along with great food makes Monica’s a must-try.
2) El Taco Rey – a tiny hole-in-the-wall type establishment since 1976, El Taco Rey is another Spring’s favorite. Locals rave about the heat – it’s not mild so be careful! You’ll find them downtown off Wahsatch and Pikes Peak… Google explains their location best – “A Pint Sized Cafe with Casual Mexican Menu.”
1) La’au’s Taco Shop – this one is arguably the best hidden secret in all of Colorado Springs. Located in the Colorado College area, you’ll have to search a bit to find their location… but it’s well worth it! Off Tejon and Cache la Poudre, La’au’s is tucked in a courtyard behind a building on the corner. Try their “Baja Steak” burrito – it’s like a Hawaiian fusion with Chipotle you won’t want to miss!
Do you have a favorite spot that isn’t listed here? Let us know by typing in the comments below!